THE DAY OF SURGERY
- You should not have anything to eat or drink for 6-8 hours before your surgery.
- Take a shower before surgery.
- Avoid make-up
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
- Slippers & light dressing gown
- Basic toiletries
- Loose clothing with buttons or zippers – avoid pull-over clothing
- Sunglasses & scarf for facial surgery.
- Any current medicines
- ID Document
- Payment of the theatre fees (as per your quotation) may be made before surgery by EFT (please bring proof of payment) or by Credit Card on the day of your surgery. If you are intending to pay by any other means please ensure this is cleared with the theatre management
WHAT NOT TO BRING WITH YOU
- If possible leave valuables at home.
- No weapons of any description are allowed.
- No smoking is permitted in the Renaissance Institute
- Do not expect to see the result immediately. Some procedures may take months for the results to become evident.
- Plan for total rest for 2-3 days after surgery.
- Pain / discomfort is maximal during the first 2-3 days following surgery. You will be comfortable taking regular pain medications.
- Swelling is maximal for the first 3-4 days and resolves over the subsequent 2-3 weeks, depending on the procedure.
- Bruising generally takes 2-3 weeks to settle.
Some patients may feel depressed for a day or two post surgery, this is quite normal.